The average age of Accountants in Public Practice is 58 and getting older. Less than 20% of all practitioners have a documented exit or succession plan. So while many practitioners are thinking about retirement and life after their current business few are planning for it.
Like most things in business and life planning and preparation are critical. The value of your business is probable a key to your future so it is time to take a little time focusing on NOW.
Some questions you might be asking yourself are:
- How can I exit my business on my terms and on my timetable?
- How can I maximise the value of my business?
- How can I ensure financial security for my family when I exit the business?
- How can I ensure my business goes to the party of my choice?
- Is succession a viable option?
- If I just ‘put it on the market’ will there be a buyer and what would they pay?
- How long can I keep working in my business if I cannot sell it?
The importance and need to have well structured exit plan is essential for all practitioners. For many practitioners, their business is a large part of their ‘net wealth’ so improving business value improves their future. As a business owner you want to know how to:
- What do you need to do so it sells for more rather than less?
- Who can help you sell your business effectively?
- How do you exit on your terms and your timetable?
We can help. Call us 1300 79 66 27.